Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The third step aceo


The third step aceo
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

Step Three invoves making "a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him."

I know and have known a lot of people doing twelve step programs and have my own experience as well. And for me I find the programs spiritual - as opposed to religious.... but I know that is me. I am comfortable because of the inclusion of "as we understand Him" . For me the programs wouldn't be workable without that. I was looking through some of the cards I had done and when I saw this one it said 'step 3' to me...








The card is a photograph I took at Cape May, NJ a few years ago. I collaged a mat board cut into aceo format and place the picture on the collage. I printed the photograph on an art paper, as I do most of the time so there are interesting inclusions through out the image. This one is a bit different because I finished the surface with embossing powder for a clear, hard surface. The finish isnt smoothe but looks like rain...

2 comments:

Catherine Mommsen Scott said...

Another beautiful piece ...

Tracy Reinhardt said...

Thank you so much for commenting to me!! I really appreciate it :) And you really said such nice things...truly, you made my day~

Tracy