Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The sounds of silence aceo


The sounds of silence aceo
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

The sounds of silence aceo
There is something peaceful about old church graveyards. Something in the dewy soft green grass and faded gravestones... How quiet it is among the stones. Even when the the graveyard is near a road... or a school....once you walk inside the walls a silence comes and drowns out any noise and thoughts you had before you entered the world of the stones.

It always reminds me of the beginning of the song, Sounds of silence....

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

No comments: