Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy childhood aceo


Happy childhood aceo
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

I did this card a few months ago and liked it so much I kept it around. I don't normally keep cards because I need to sell them to be able to keep doing them but this one I kept wanting to look at and I wanted to figure out why.... I know now. This door way looked so happy to me... It's a door way that made me feel like I wanted to feel when I was walking home from the school bus. This picture made me feel how I wanted to feel as I got closer to the door to my childhood home. Welcomed. Happy. Joyful. You know good things happen behind this door... You know happy people live behind this door.... Kind people. Loving people.

I don't know how many people had happy childhoods, I've met a few...but just a few. The rest seem to be a combination of people who at best felt 'on hold' and couldn't wait to start their own lives or at worst were the walking walking wounded. Childhood is not for the weak.

I've heard the saying "It's never too late to have a happy childhood" for many years and I've taken it seriously. My inner little girl has liked different toys over the years and I've gone through all the phases with her - Barbie....Polly Pockets.... Hello Kitty... I try to reparent myself the best I can. I think it's possible to an extent.

Scars don't go away....but they do fade away... and so do memories.

There was something very nice about this card for me. It was a concrete place to focus my thoughts of "home".... A place to imagine once I went through the green door my happy childhood still lived...

No comments: