Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The air gets crisp...the leaves turn gold... Honeycrisp apples appear in the store again... That can only mean one thing! It's that time of year! Time for...


The air gets crisp...the leaves turn gold... Honeycrisp apples appear in the store again... That can only mean one thing! It's that time of year! Time for...
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

..... the annual (pretty much) stand off with my lungs. Usually its weeks of coughing...followed by weeks of wheezing.... until I finally give in, admit I have asthmatic bronchitis and go to the doctor just in time to spend Thanksgiving on steroids.

This year my lungs faked me out. Knocked me on my ass in a few hours. No notice this year - went to bed Monday night, maybe sneezed 4 times...maybe coughed twice. Woke up slamming sick. So sick that I didn't wait weeks to go see the doctor but called a few hours into realizing I was sick.... So sick that my doctors first words were "Wow, you look awful"....So sick that her second words were "Have you traveled outside the country recently?"

That last one is never a good thing when you were healthy 24 hours before and now look like wax.

Pneumonia. 140 pulse. Rest. Levoquin. Cough syrup. Three days in bed (with a laptop thats hardly a prison sentence). Tons of improvement by Friday ....or call. No really, call. And drink. Drink drink drink and drink some more.... Very dehydrated.

I'm quite annoyed with my lungs at the moment.

No comments: