Saturday, March 1, 2008


When I was little I used to get off the school bus and walk towards home with my eyes shut tight. I would imagine seeing a new house when I opened the front door. It would have emerald green walls and blue and green furniture. The furniture would be sleek and clean and modern and quiet music would be coming from somewhere, but it would be muffled. Sunlight would be shining in, in thin sheets, the way you see it come through big clouds.
As I walked up the front steps, I'd take a deep breath, open the door and look.But it was the same house every day. No peaceful blues and greens. No clean modern lines. No sun streaking in. Only sadness and chaos.
The picture I used is not of an aquarium, it is a bed of rocks at the base of a very large tree. I took it several years ago but never used it for anything. I took it out yesterday and started altering it. When I got it to where it is now, the memories of walking home from the school bus flooded in. To me looking at the picture is like looking into a fishbowl, very similar to the cool peaceful feel I craved so. I wanted to give that memory a place to live.
The base of the card is cream colored cardstock covered with THE most beautiful gold flecked paper of ocean colors. The image was printed on a textured white paper with metallic brush strokes also. On top of the entire card I added a wispy thin webby white paper only in one area that looks like the movement of water to me.
SOLD

No comments: