Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Light and Darkness Aceo



I love making ACEO's. I love the unexpected things that happen when I make them... This card is a good example of how, even in this tiny format, great things can show up.
The image is a hallway at Drexel University I took in 2006. I've always liked the image a lot but it never came out 'right' when I tried to turn it into a card. I kept trying though... This ACEO card showed more than what I saw that day. It reminds me of how dark things can seem just a few feet away from a lamp or window and it got me thinking about how sometimes I stay in one place - or put off decisions - because I can't see clearly...
Like in this card, the glow from the lamps and window fade into darkness almost immediately. I could see myself standing in the light and not moving...even though the next lit area is just a few feet away.... because I was afraid of what was in the dark. When I look at the card, from this perspective, standing still seems silly but when your there and fearful sometimes going into the dark - even for a second - is paralyzing.

SOLD

No comments: