Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Almighty Dollar Aceo




I've been hanging on to half of a dollar for years... not a half-dollar but half of a dollar. A dollar that ripped at some point and I only had one half. It always seemed stupid to keep it because years ago I gave up hoping to find the other half but every time I ran across it I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. Money. When you have little with dim prospects of living a different life money becomes something mythical. The ultimate panacea... The answer to why you don't have what you want, can't do what you want... aren't happy. Everything that rings wrong...


Honestly, the longer I live without money the less it takes to make me happy. I'm not chained to it as I once was...Or maybe not as chained... but sometimes I wonder about that. If I was as free from the lure of money as I thought why would I be hanging on to that old ripped half of a dollar?


People are supposed to be people, when we look into their eyes it isn't their bank balances we see. Or is it? When I go to the mall I can see who looks 'well-tended' and who doesn't...I can see that there are babies in strollers wearing clothes that cost more than mine do. (There are probably chihuahuas whose clothes cost more than mine...for that matter.) I can see that some people get their hair done every 4 weeks and eye-brows professionally done.. and that they are manicured, pedicured, and waxed to within an inch of their life.


I've decided to just let all of that go with the dollar...I mean half of the dollar... I'm going to look inside more and stop looking at other people's eyebrows.

SOLD

No comments: