Monday, March 10, 2008



American Express wants me... or so they say. I got this 'credit card' in the mail the other day with a letter that says .... "You are pre-approved to apply." And where my name would go on a real card is says "Your name here"
I have to wonder what being pre-approved to apply means? Is it meant to make me think I'm already approved...for the card? Or am I so low on the credit card totem pole that there are some cards that I'm not supposed to even apply for?


And why send me a fake card? To be sure I open it? And not toss the envelope? Do they know I'm so desparate for money that just the 'feel' of a credit card will make me tear open the envelope in lustful anticipation? And just how do they know that anyway? And how should all this make me feel anyway?


Why do credit card companies send offers to people who can't pay... and than when the poor (and I mean poor) take them up on it and get the cards and, can't pay... Why in the world is the credit card company surprised and indignant, even.


All this was bothering me very much when I opened the envelope to see the Am Ex card in Your Name Here's name.
This card was done on a mat board base cut into aceo format with collaged background paper that compliment the faux-dit card very well I think. I used the actual card for the main image - its not a photo.

SOLD

No comments: