Friday, March 14, 2008

Dreams Aceo



When people look at you all they see is the outside - a shell - not you. Not your thoughts, not experiences, your gifts, your hopes...no dreams. If you look into a mirror and are unhappy with what you see, your looking for yourself in the wrong place.


It's your dreams that tell the whole story. The story of where you have been and where you are going... Of your deepest, most hidden thoughts and how beautiful you are underneath the scars. Dreams tell the stories of your fears and accomplishments and, for me, solutions too. If I don't know what to do sometimes I'll go to sleep... knowing when I wake I'll know what to do. Solutions come to me as little dream bubbles that float in on a mysterious tide and burst - Each one bringing a new possibility that I never conceived of while constrained with the boundries of wakefulness.


I've thought alot about sleeping...and than dreaming this week. I started this card because I was unable to sleep and it started with a text that I couldnt read - like dreams and problems. I added an uneaven piece of gold on top of that because it sparkles and promises.. but never quite covers the under layer of questions. And petals because they are pure and sweet and are the promise of life... The final layer was beads and things that shine - different yet similar from eachother...These are the dream bubbles, waiting to burst.


This card took a long time and had layers and layers of sealer between each different part. I never knew if I was done, until I looked at it and it said 'done' to me. The final top coat was a triple-thick clear coat of spray sealer that makes it look like everything is floating.
SOLD

No comments: