Monday, March 3, 2008



I've been doing alot of thinking about the past...the firsts... the good the bad the ugly . Some memories are fun...and good. You shouldnt forget those because focusing on the negative gets old and makes you old...and bitter.


Before cell phones...and long before computers I kept in contact with my friends with a phone. A land line...with a cord. When my parents allowed me to get my own (with their phone number, not even my own) I was thrilled. It was like I had arrived as a teen.

The phone guy came to the house and brought me my own phone one day and I found a picture of it... a princess phone... a blue - sort of aqua, really - link to the outside. I spent many many many.... way too many hours on it when I should (according to my parents) have been doing more 'constructive' things.

I did this card because it brought back all sorts of good memories of being a teen... of staying on my aqua princess phone long after I was supposed to. Of hiding under the covers and talking low...and giggling over nonsense with my friends... Of feeling like I had contact with the outside world and reality. It saved me, I think... When my reality was not so lovely in the house I could look at my beautiful phone ... pretty and colorful and pick it up and call someone and forget... for just a moment who I was... and pretend I was a 'Princess' like the name of my phone implied.

SOLD

No comments: