Monday, March 3, 2008



There are many things to like about each season of the year...
Autumn is my favorite. The coolness is a relief from the suffocating heat and humidity of the summer... Crisp air blows the dust out of my thoughts and the bright colors of the leaves shock my eyes into seeing again.
I don't know if other people see autumn as a renewal like I do... I know many people mourn summer's passing but I find Fall refreshing and it never comes too soon for me. There is something very calming about the fall for me... zen like... meditative. When the first whisp of cool air hits me I feel like I can breathe again and the falling leaves are a blessing that leaves quiet spaces of nothing.
I look forward to those cool, quite spaces; restful to my eyes and my mind, where I can think ....where I can breathe.
We spend our lives with and concerned about the things in our lifes but its the spaces between the things that give the 'things' meaning....boundries... and the breathing room to enjoy the things. This card is a based on a photo I just took of autum leaves. Most of them have turned and half of them have fallen. Whats left is the cool quiet spaces that I find so quieting. I printed the image on a vinyl sheet so the colors glow...

SOLD

No comments: