Friday, March 14, 2008

Dr. Freud is in my Head Aceo



I've never made a card like this before and I'm not even sure why it came about - I only know when the idea 'hit' me and as I was making it I knew it was right. Very very right.

So... Tell me....who decides who is sick and who is well? And are the well ones only well because they keep whats inside them, inside?

And if you let Sigmund Freud in there...and he finds out who you are...can you get him out again? Once he's in there can you ever be thought of as 'well'... Normal?... Or are you forever stuck with Sigmund in there, looking out from your vantage point....judging... clucking his tongue...Writing on his pad.... Shaking his head.

For some reason the bipolar's been kicking me something fierce lately. I'm still doing artwork because it's something that helps me think...but I feel the discriptions I'm giving are not as good as usual... I'm sorry - I wish I could string my words together much better. Express my thoughts in a way that will make sense to you...but I don't have sparkling prose in me, it seems.

This was a complicated card. There is a mat board base cut into ACEO format... and a background collage with several art papers. The main image is actually two images printed on clear vinyl and 'stacked' to look like one image. There are also several other papers and 'webby' fiberous 'papers' on and around the main image and the back collage. The photo doesnt look as good as the card.
SOLD

No comments: