Monday, January 19, 2009

Work in progress... Your still voice


Work in progress... Your still voice
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

his is something I'm working on. Its one idea on two canvases (each 16 x 20) based on a quote I recently heard by Sogyal Rinpoche. He said:

Two people have been living in you all your life. One is the ego, garrulous, demanding, hysterical, calculating; the other is the hidden spiritual being, whose still voice of wisdom you have only rarely heard or attended to.

It got me thinking in a non-linear way.... about how sad and true his words were... about how inside of all of us there is this light that rarely shines... about how many of us don't even know it's there anymore... about the people I find frustrating and how if I'd look deeper I might see that the problem is with me....about how we all have this bipolar nature.

This one isn't done and the picture isn't very good. There is more variation in the color and it's a bit off. It's a bit brighter in real life and the purple is much less violet and sharp. And the black isn't such a black hole... There are blues over it. Perhaps when the paintings are done I'll have worked out the photography issues but I didn't want to forget my thoughts about it... how I felt when I was painting it so I wanted to post it as a work in progress.

For today I will try to attend to my still voice.
Tracy

No comments: