Friday, January 16, 2009

Falling down yesterday -- 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas


Falling down yesterday -- 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

his is a brand new painting ... and a brand new style for me.

Honestly I'm not sure about it and I'm just playing around with paint. I was trying to use black and white and red and get the feeling of movement with very little actual movement clues....

I haven't been feeling all that well. I guess in some ways I feel like I'm falling.

Most of my art has so much happening. So much going on... lots of colors and textures. It takes so much time and effort and paint.... I paint standing up at the kitchen counter and hold up the paintings while I do them..... But yesterday I had nothing. No energy. No color... maybe just red.

I don't know. For whatever reason this suited yesterday.


sold

No comments: