Monday, January 19, 2009

Kindness vs. rightness


Kindness vs. rightness
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

"When given the choice between being right
or being kind,
always choose kind."
--Dr. Wayne Dyer

It's true you know. Being right most days gets you no where. You can be right and still be unhappy and alone. How caught up we are in our need to be right... Winning the fight. Making that point that will get the other person to say '' Oh, now I see. You were right"

But think about that person you always fight with... If you really think about it can you ever imagine them saying "OH! Now I get it... Thanks so much for pointing that out! Your right"

Is it your boss? Your mom? Your child?

You really can't imagine them saying that, can you?

Be kind instead... don't live with the kindness still inside you

I took this photo in the summer and it wasn't very good...probably still isnt... but I've been sitting here using digital mumbo jumbo on it -- I don't normally use so much digital stuff that the photo looks nothing like it started out to be... but this one... Well, it's entirely different. And I so love the colors! Sometimes its more about the colors I guess....

No comments: