Friday, January 16, 2009

Tangled up in Blue Acrylic Painting -- For sale make offer


Tangled up in Blue Acrylic Painting -- For sale make offer
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

This is a 16 x 20 painting I did in the summer 2008.

In the song Tangled up in Blue, Bob Dylan sings:

And when finally the bottom fell out
I became withdrawn,
The only thing I knew how to do
Was to keep on keepin' on like a bird that flew,
Tangled up in blue.

I don't know what he meant to say when he wrote those words. I've read a lot of interpretations and everyone seems to have their own thoughts... I only know what tangled up in blue means to me....

Depression is like being tangled. Tangled up in a life that's yours but not yours... Day after day laying on the couch watching everyone's life go by you like it was a television show -- aware of it all -- yet unable to move out of your own sweet, sticky now.

I've had both depression and mania.... and depression is blue. And black. Colder than mania. Sucking and sweet in a way. Cold, the way freezing lulls you... Numbs you... Until you want to move and realize you can't... it's too late.

This is a 16 x 20 inch acrylic painting on gallery wrapped canvas. Before I painted I added layers of paper for the wrinkles and kinks (of life). You can especially see this in the close up. The whole thing was painted black first with the blue added on top -- because under the blue of depression is that black hole. That's a given.
I'd like to sell this painting. Please take into consideration that I ship UPS and that costs me about $20 and MAKE ME AN OFFER.

I hemmed and hawed a long time about the whole pricing issue in general about 6 months ago....but the truth is ... and this is the truth....I listen to a lot of Wayne Dyer CD's and his general philosophy is you get back from the Universe what you throw out there... To give is to get back.. to give more is to get back more.

If you want to feel connected to your own purpose, know this for certain: Your purpose will only be found in service to others. W. Dyer

I've let galleries price my work and have gotten letters from people who have been priced out... and from their letters I know they were meant to have the work. And so I've done painting for people who could not buy them in galleries...

So I'm putting this painting out there. Make me an offer and if I am able to accept it, I will.
Tracy (me.parler@gmail.com -- put offer in subject line. ... I will list on ebay in a few days if I don't get any offers here)

No comments: