Friday, January 16, 2009

Blue Hawaii 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas


Blue Hawaii 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

So my Hawaii thing rears its head again.... I know it's only my experience and in the real world bad things happen in Hawaii but in my life nothing bad every happens in Hawaii ... so given an hour to muse my thoughts frequently default to Hawaii.

I do a lot of blues and greens and aquas... This one was all aqua with just the smallest edge of black.

The gallery wrapped canvas was covered before painting with thick mulberry paper so the surface is nubby all over. The whole canvas was painting back at first and more black shows through that you can see in this photograph.

It's hanging across from my bed so I see it when I wake up everyday and I can remember... Nothing bad happens in Hawaii and it's the first place I see every morning.


not for sale

No comments: