Friday, November 21, 2008

Appreciate what you have ACEO


Appreciate what you have ACEO
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

I spend a lot of time wishing things were different -- I were different. Particularly that I had more to give my son; that I didn't have to say 'no' so often. And it's no because I can't, not that I don't want too...

I keep wishing some of my paintings would sell... That I could go back to work...That I would win the lottery... I think these things are about me. I don't even think my son cares a whit. "No" isn't the worst word.

This picture was taken within walking distance from my house -- how bad a life is that? That I can see this everyday? That my son can? That I always have enough food for the next meal (even if it isn't what I exactly feel like) and that I am wearing shoes... and have a coat. And that I have an internet connection! I mean, really! If I can manage an internet connection I should not be whining about anything.

There is beauty is my life -- within a few feet of my front door. Within my house and so I suppose within my heart... I think that makes me lucky.

I think I forget that. I think we all forget that. That happiness is a perspective thing -- and a choice.

No comments: