Friday, May 9, 2008

Where are you going?


where are you going
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet


AVAILABLE

Going forward can be the most difficult thing in your life. Just putting one foot in front of the other and taking the next step... You know the direction your going... You can see your path clearly... But doing it, that's the tricky part.

It's scary because you never know if your doing the right thing... if you took the right road.. if you picked the right direction at that last cross-road. And you won't; until the end. The truth is you really do pick the right directions at the cross-roads in you life. You pick the best option available you had at each event in your life. You pick the very best thing to do based on all you knew at the time. If you knew more, or less, you might have done something different but...well, that wouldn't have been you.

Relish your wins and rethink your losses. Maybe they weren't losses. Maybe they brought you to the next cross-road smarter, better, more prepared for a more difficult decision. Maybe you needed to make the last mistake to not make the next two...

I've made some mistakes that saved me bigger ones... I'm thankful for those.

This card was done in standard ACEO format of 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inchs on heavy mat board. It started with a background collage with multiple art papers to enhance the main image. The photograph is one I took recently while driving near my home. I pulled out my camera, rested it on my steering wheel and shot. A good result, I think.

No comments: