Friday, May 9, 2008

When the world goes gray


gray days, originally uploaded by popcornfeet.
What do you do when your home... or shopping...or at a doctor's appointment and suddenly, you look up, and the world's lost it's color? It happened to me. I was walking into my doctor's office fumbling with my keys and I looked up and world in front of me had changed. Or maybe I'd changed.

Something was missing. The color, the sparkle... the life had seeped out the edges of my vision. The world had gone pale and flat and sad.

Or maybe it was me...

Why does this happen? What makes the color go? Where does the sparkle go?

I don't think some people know what this feels like. It's sad and lonely in the gray place.

This card was done in standard ACEO format of 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inchs on heavy mat board. It started with a background collage with multiple art papers to enhance the main image. I used two brand new papers layered and I love the effect with the black and white photograph. The photograph is one I took a while ago and I have used in different ways, it always seems to call to me.

No comments: