Wednesday, May 14, 2008

STOP THE MADNESS! ACEO



I watch and listen to other people a lot. I hear them ramping themselves up... dramatizing... catastrophising...
Stop the madness! Calm down your words and your life will follow... Take the words like devistating... destroying... horrifying.... out of your vocabulary. Your life will be better for it. In managing my mania Ive had to make an effort to watch my thoughts. Manic thoughts have wings that take me places I don't want to go. But watching my thoughts has been surprisingly effective even when I'm not manic.
To move a car you just need to get one wheel going and the others will start to turn...soon the whole car is turning. Your thoughts, your mood...your whole like is like that. If you concentrate on how bad things are soon your car is moving down a road you don't want to go. If you concentrate on the positive your car will take you there.
It's a remarkably effective tool for getting good parking spaces too! I call it parking space karma :)

This card was done in standard ACEO format of 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inchs on heavy mat board. It started with a background collage with multiple art papers to enhance the main image. I used several paper and I love the effect with the mostly black and white photograph. There were alot of collage papers on this card and the photograph does'nt lay completely flat. Sometimes that happens when I use many papers under a photo. If this will bother you and you will see it as a flaw please don't bid!

No comments: