Saturday, March 7, 2009

Abstract 2ft x 2 ft on birch panel -- Comic books through the shredder..

Reworked - comic books through the shredder... 2 ft by 2 ft on wood

I was having some issues with this painting even though I had considered it complete. I had reworked some of the others so that they went 'to the edges' but hadn't done the same with this one because I was afraid I wouldn't be happy with the result of tweaking around with it.

Ultimately, I just wasn't happy with it. Every time I looked at it the edges bothered me I'm posting in the comment section what the WIP progress looked like...

This morning I took some more black paint and reworked the top and this image is the result. This image is an entire painting - I just cropped out the background but it is basically the whole thing not a section.

I like this much better than the WIP image (the one in the comment section below. The color areas are somewhat more covered but I think the composition of the overall picture makes up for the loss of colored areas.

Much closer up of shredded comic piece
This painting is available at Arts Unbound Studio, Orange, NJ

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... I see the life here. The light breathes in your painting. The pictures TALK. Thus while viewing them I read my own diagnosis...the dark points just cry here: your brush strokes express the faces that are awakened by light and cry for light - my heart is on fire, yet these emotions are above my potency to put them in plain words - especially while writing with the Lithuanian-English dictionary in hand. So I will be short - Thank you for the pleasure to view your painting.
I will greatly appreciate your visit to my blogs. They all are connected between and they all are awaiting for you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

Tracy Reinhardt said...

Artmirror - wow!! thank you for your comments. They are very much appreciated....Your blog is wonderful and your art is really moving...



Jen bristere - thank you so much!


Tracy