Monday, December 29, 2008

Dreams aceo


Dreams aceo
Originally uploaded by popcornfeet

When people look at you all they see is the outside - a shell - not you. Not your thoughts, not experiences, your gifts, your hopes...no dreams you hold or have at night. If you look into a mirror and are unhappy with what you see, your looking for yourself in the wrong place.


It's your dreams that tell the whole story. The story of where you have been and where you are going... Of your deepest, most hidden thoughts and how beautiful you are underneath the scars. Dreams tell the stories of your fears and accomplishments and, for me, solutions too. If I don't know what to do sometimes I'll go to sleep... knowing when I wake I'll know what to do. Solutions come to me as little dream bubbles that float in on a mysterious tide and burst - Each one bringing a new possibility that I never conceived of while constrained with the boundries of wakefulness.


I've thought alot about sleeping...and dreaming. I decided to do another card about dreams because I'm having trouble sleeping. I added a background of different papers...like the flowing thoughts I have before I fall (hopefully) to sleep. I added thin metallic gold filiments that run here and there around the card like the sharp thoughts that come and go...the ones that happen just when I'm falling asleep and jolt me awake. The final layer was beads and things that shine - different yet similar from eachother...These are the dreams in bubble form, waiting to burst and save me.


This card took a long time and had layers and layers of sealer between each different part. I never knew if I was done, until I looked at it and it said 'done' to me. It has many coats of clear sealer on it. Unfortunately the cards that are unever never reproduce well... the ones with the beads are the worst because there is never a focal point... I wish I had a better image of this for people to see... even the colors are a bit off...as coppers are really golds.

No comments: